Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-OES)
Perkin-Elmer Optima 8300DV
- Polychromator: high-energy (f/6.7) echelle-based Optima polychromator utilises two SCD detectors covering the spectral range from 163-782 nm.
- Plasma viewing: dual-view ICP-OES, offers radial and axial viewing of the plasma for effective measurement of elements with high and low concentrations in the same method.
- Detectors: Segmented-array Charge-coupled Device (SCD) detectors consisting of 235 addressable subarrays covering approximately 6000 wavelengths on a 13 by 19 mm silicon substrate.
- Organics kit for measuring samples with a high content of organic solvents
- Simultaneous, sequential analysis of multiple elements possible. ICP-OES is the best method for B, Be, Li and gives a better detection limits for Na, Mg and Al. Low detection limit for most elements (ppb range). Suitable for the simultaneous determination of trace and major elements using a single solution. Ability to analyse small sample sizes and small solution volumes (0.01 g in 1 – 2 mL) is feasible. Rapid analysis method.