ERC SOLCRIMET Peer-reviewed papers
- K.Binnemans & P.T. Jones, Solvometallurgy: an emerging branch in metallurgy, Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy, (2017) 3:570–600, Download here.
- N.K. Batchu, T. Vander Hoogerstraete, D. Banerjee, K. Binnemans, Separation of rare earths by non-aqueous solvent extraction from ethylene glycol (+LiCl) solutions with Cyanex 923 in n-dodecane, RSC Advances 7, 45351–45362 (2017) - download here
Top 10 publications leading to ERC SOLCRIMET
- P. Lenaerts, K. Driesen, R. Van Deun, K. Binnemans, Covalent coupling of luminescent tris(2-thenoyltrifluoroacetonato) lanthanide(III) complexes on a Merrifield resin, Chemistry of Materials 17, 2148-2154 (2005). [277 citations]
- K. Binnemans, Ionic liquid crystals, Chemical Reviews 105, 4148-4204 (2005). [726 citations]
- P. Nockemann, B. Thijs, N. Postelmans, K. Van Hecke, L. Van Meervelt, K. Binnemans, Anionic rare-earth thiocyanate complexes as building blocks for low-melting metal-containing ionic liquids, Journal of the American Chemical Society 128, 13658-13659 (2006). [115 citations]
- P. Nockemann, B. Thijs, S. Pittois, J. Thoen, C. Glorieux, K. Van Hecke, L. Van Meervelt, B. Kirchner, K. Binnemans, Task-specific ionic liquid for solubilizing metal oxides, Journal of Physical Chemistry B 110, 20978–20992 (2006). [217 citations]
- K. Binnemans, Lanthanide-based luminescent hybrid materials, Chemical Reviews 109, 4283–4374 (2009). [1623 citations]
- S. Wellens, B. Thijs, K. Binnemans, An environmentally friendlier approach to hydrometallurgy: highly selective separation of cobalt from nickel by solvent extraction with undiluted phosphonium ionic liquids, Green Chemistry 14, 1657–1665 (2012). [74 citations]
- T. Vander Hoogerstraete, S. Wellens, K. Verachtert, K. Binnemans, Removal of transition metals from rare earths by solvent extraction with an undiluted phosphonium ionic liquid: separations relevant to rare-earth magnet recycling, Green Chemistry 15, 919-927 (2013). [104 citations]
- T. Vander Hoogerstraete and K. Binnemans, Highly efficient separation of rare earths from nickel and cobalt by solvent extraction with the ionic liquid trihexyl(tetradecyl)phosphonium nitrate: process relevant to the recycling of rare earths from permanent magnets and nickel metal hydride batteries, Green Chemistry 16, 1594–1606 (2014). [43 citations]
- K. Binnemans, Interpretation of europium(III) spectra, Coordination Chemical Reviews 295, 1–45 (2015) [128 citations].
- D. Dupont and K. Binnemans, Rare-earth recycling using a functionalized ionic liquid for the selective dissolution and revalorization of Y2O3:Eu3+ from lamp phosphor waste, Green Chemistry 17, 856–868 (2015) [37 citations].
More papers of Koen Binnemans in the domain of solvometallurgy and ionic liquids are available here.