SOLVOMET focusses on 1. solvometallurgical recovery of metals from low-grade ores, extractive waste, industrial process residues and metal-rich urban waste, 2. removal of metals from liquid streams, and 3. solvent extraction processes.
SOLVOMET is KU Leuven’s Centre for Solvometallurgy. SOLVOMET’s mission is to support its industrial and RTD partners in the conceptual and practical development of more sustainable solvometallurgical separation processes and new mining chemicals, which are subsequently tested using state-of-the-art lab-scale and mini pilot-scale experimental facilities.
Subscribe to SOLVOMET Newsletter
Latest news items
- Why does only ferric chloride facilitate efficient lithium extraction with …July 2, 2021
- Closed-loop process for Co & REE recovery from NdFeB magnetsJuly 2, 2021
- A novel method to determine chloride impurities in liquids using WDXRFJune 16, 2021
- Antimony recovery from lead-rich drosses originating from a lead smelterMay 26, 2021
- A predictive thermodynamic model for cobalt solvent extraction processesMay 19, 2021